Upcoming Meeting Information
2018 VSIA ANNUAL MEETINGTHE VIRGINIA SELF-INSURERS ASSOCIATION, INC. (VSIA)
12/5/2018 through 12/6/2018
The Omni Richmond Hotel -- Richmond, VA
Register today to attend The Virginia Self-Insurers Association's December 5-6, 2018 Annual Meeting at The Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond, Virginia. This year's Annual Meeting features a cocktail reception on the evening of December 5th and a jam-packed educational program on December 6th (breakfast and lunch are included) with national and state experts discussing new and important workers' compensation issues that are arising in Virginia while also providing fresh viewpoints on older but important areas. Featured topics include:
- THE SUGGESTED 2019 JLARC STUDY OF VIRGINIA'S WORKERS' COMPENSATION PRESUMPTIONS;
- WHAT ARE THE CYBER SECURITY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH WORKERS' COMPENSATION, WHO HAS THEM, AND HOW BIG THEY CAN BE; IDENTIFYING YOUR W/C PROGRAM'S CYBER EXPOSURES; AND HOW TO REDESIGN/REFORM YOUR PROGRAM TO PROTECT AGAINST THESE EXPOSURES.
- HOW TO EFFECTIVELY UTILIZE SURVEILLANCE SERVICES TODAY; WHAT THE CURRENT LAW ALLOWS; AND EXAMPLES OF SUCCESSFUL SURVEILLANCE TECHNIQUES.
- WORKPLACE VIOLENCE: IDENTIFYING, PLANNING/PREPARING FOR, AND LIMITING POTENTIALLY VIOLENT EXPOSURES IN THE WORKPLACE; AND, FOR PURPOSES OF WORKERS' COMPENSATION, WHEN DOES THE INCIDENT ARISE OUT OF THE EMPLOYMENT?
- UPDATES FROM THE COMMISSION.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE / THE UPCOMING 2019 SESSION OF THE VIRGINIA GENERAL ASSEMBLY.
You will not want to miss this outstanding employer-focused workers' compensation educational program at great price. Hotel reservations (call 1-800-THE-OMNI and tell them you are attending the Virginia Self-Insurers Association's meeting--a limited room block has been set aside-- $135 single and double occupancy) must be made by November 14, 2018 to ensure the guaranteed conference rate. Meeting registrations and tabletop display reservations (a limited number of tables are available on a first come/first served basis) are also due by November 14, 2018.
Additional detailed meeting information and all the forms necessary to register for the meeting and to reserve tabletop display tables (exhibitors are required to fill out and submit this form to VSIA whether they pay online or by mail with a check) can be found below.
We look forward to seeing you in Richmond in December!To register online and pay by credit card, please click here.